Rene de Monchy: Tourism NZ CEO on the latest travel figures from Stats NZ

Published: Dec. 4, 2023, 8:45 p.m.

Tourism New Zealand is feeling positive about tourist spending this summer following the release of the latest travel figures from Stats NZ. \xa0

The September 2023 quarter saw an increase in travel exports to $2.48 billion up from $1.65 billion this time last year.\xa0

Chief Executive Ren\xe9 de Monchy says this is the first summer, post COVID, where travel from significant markets like China is possible.\xa0

He says last summer, which is our peak season, was not yet a fully open summer.\xa0

De Monchy says we're already seeing a strong return out of places like Australia and North America.\xa0

LISTEN ABOVE\xa0

See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.